Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Open the eyes of my heart Lord


Open the eyes of my heart Lord.”- This morning I remember an old Christian song that I use to sing at church called “Open the eyes of my heart Lord.”

As I reflected back on my life, I realize even though I grew up in church, Jesus did not have my heart.

It was clear as I got older and I begin to go through my trials.  I would confess that Jesus was Lord, but Jesus did not have my heart.

In Matthew 15:5 we see that people will honor Jesus with their lips, but their hearts are far away from Him.
It is amazing how many Christian's know Jesus, but their hearts are far away from Him.

Here I am someone who knew Jesus, but I still was a hustler, a manipulator, a drunk, and a man who lusted over women. I was also very good at hitting “licks”. This is a slang word that I will not reveal.
I can admit during my trails, I was in a dark place. I felt so alone and I was to prideful to tell anyone that I needed help.

My life would take a complete 360 late August 2010.

I remember one of my fraternity brothers asking me to attend church service with him one Sunday morning. The pastor that day must have known I was coming because it felt like the church sermon was specifically about me.
As we got to the alter call, I remember the pastor saying a few words that would change my life forever. She said something like, are you tired of feeling alone? Are you tired of struggling? Will you give God your heart today?

Like a baby ready to come out of the womb, I felt my heart break open that day. As I begin to cry out, God was calling me that day and I was willing and ready for him to take full control over my life.
Today I want someone to know, what God did for me, He wants to do for you.

But you have to be willing to let God open your heart and take control.

No comments:

Post a Comment