Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pay It Forward

About a month ago my sister and her husband mailed me a envelope.  Inside the envelope was a note and a check for a hundred dollars. The note basically said just thinking of you and your family. Do what you want with the money.

I shared the good news with with my wife. She was surprised  like I was.

What are you going to with the money my wife ask?

At that moment I believe God told me to give the money to someone or an organization in need. So I told my wife what God told me and we agreed to pay it forward.

A month past and the money was still in my account.  But God reminded me right on time what I needed to do with the funds. So I called a pastor in the downtown community and  I asked if I could stop on my lunch break to talk to him.He replied yes.

I have known this pastor for a few years and I truly love the programs he offers to youths in the low income area of the community. I walked up to the Church and was buzzed in. I walk to the top floor and found the pastor with a group of boys practicing on their fundamental skills for basketball.

As the boys were practicing I told the pastor what was giving to me and what I felt like God was telling me to do with the money. Excited about the news the pastor shared with me a call he received earlier from one of the mothers of the boys he coach.

She mentioned how she was short on rent and was going to be homeless if she did not find a hundred-fifty dollars. The pastor mentioned to me that the money I gave him would bless the family in need.

Wow!

It is amazing how God use people to bless others.

I told the Pastor if the family asked who gave the money to reply that God told a family to give.

I did not want the family to thank me for that blessing because God deserves the glory not me. He knew right on time that this family would need some help.

I was just happy that I could pay it forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment